- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
A Special Team from the Inspector General of Police Abuja, Mohammed Adamu has raided another torture centre at Kofar Marusa area of Katsina.
The raid is barely a day after a similar exercise where the an Islamic centre operated by 78- year- old Alhaji Abdullahi Bello Umar was sealed up in Daura.
The team arrived the Malam Niga centre at Kofar Marusa with three Hilux Toyota buses and one- ash gulf car to carry out the operation that didn’t last up to an hour.
It was learnt the swiftness was to avoid creating a scene and evade the crowd swelling up at the time of the operation
A member of the team, who pleaded anonymity, told newsmen that they were in Katsina for a special assignment based on strict order from Abuja, following a tip from concerned neighbors living around the centre.
They later whisked away the operator of the center and two other men believed to be his aides.
Also, Spokesman of the State Police Command, Superintendent Gambo Isah, confirmed the incident.
He promised the Police Commissioner, CP Sanusi Buba, will soon address the media on the issue after making some ‘’clarifications’’ and ‘’strengthening some grey areas’’