- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
Tragedy struck Onitsha again as another petrol tanker exploded along Enugu-Onitsha expressway by Bessoy filling station, Onitsha, Anambra state.
WITHIN NIGERIA recalls that the incident, coming barely 48hours after lives were lost following fuel tanker explosion in Upper Iweka and Ochanja market, was said to have occurred around Omaba Phase 2 at the wee hours of Friday.
Eyewitness account disclosed that the tanker carrying petrol was said to have fallen in the middle of the road, spilling its contents along the drainages.
It was gathered that some residents near the area ran out of their buildings for fear of being consumed by the inferno.
Properties worth millions, including buildings, vehicles and other valuable were reportedly gutted by the fire.
As at the time of filling this report,no casualty was recorded.
Also,the Commissioner of Police, John Abang confirmed the incident.
He said, “This time around the fire service responded well after they were contacted by my men.”