- BREAKING: Appeal Court varies terms in bail granted Dasuki
- BREAKING: Gov Ayade presents 1.1trn budget estimate for 2020
- BREAKING: Court sacks emirs installed by Ganduje
- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
Man sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for threatening to kill Donald Trump’s son and in-law
The US Secret Service has arrested a man identified as Chase who has a history of mental illness and suffers from paranoid illusions for uploading a photo of a gun pointed at the head of Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner on social media and also making direct death threats at Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr.
The mentally-ill young man also threatened several media figures and worship centres via online.
According to reports, Chase bought ammunition, a bullet proof vest but was denied when he wanted to buy a gun after he was flagged by the Secret service.
“Chase was sentenced to 5 years imprisonment over the weekend after pleading guilty in May to all charges levelled against him. His lawyer asked the court to give him a 1 year sentence with 5 years supervised house imprisonment and psychiatric care but his request was denied by the judge.
After the sentencing, U.S. Attorney Brian Moran speaking to reporters said the case highlights the “frightening intersection of mental illness and weapons.”