- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
Frozen foods concealed as vegetables obstructed at Lagos airport
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has obstructed two consignments of frozen foods worth N68.8m at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) on Wednesday, November 13.
This was disclosed by the Customs Area Comptroller (CAC), Mr Wale Adeniyi while interacting with journalists and further added that one of the consignments was concealed as vegetables while the other consignment was allegedly abandoned by the importer at Gate 13 of the airport.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the first consignment containing meat, chicken, turkey and other frozen foods were discovered on South African Airways on November 10, 2019.
He said, “Though, the Airway Bill described the goods as fresh vegetables, but they were rather frozen foods, which are contraband in the country. It became obvious that the importer through his agents has prepared pre-release documentations purporting the imports to be fresh vegetables with the sole intention to evade the import prohibition order.”
It was further learnt that Wale Adeniyi further disclosed that the second consignment of 104 cartons which had pork meat, beef, and turkey was abandoned inside four dollies close to Gate 13