Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Lagos: Apongbon Bridge reopened

by Adejayan Gbenga Gsong
December 4, 2019
in National
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos, Mr Adedamola Kuti, says the rehabilitation of Apongbon Bridge on Lagos Island has been completed and the highway will be opened to traffic on Wednesday.

Recall that Lagos Authority last month announced partial closure of some sections of Apongbon Road inward Eko Bridge.

In a latest development, the highway is set to be re-opened.  The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos  disclosed the development to News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), he said that concrete repair works to address a major flooding problem on the 150 meters stretch of the road had been completed.

He added that the rigid pavement works has been subjected to necessary structural integrity tests to ensure durability.

READ ALSO

World Bank cuts funding to the Central Bank of Nigeria – What changed behind the scenes

Petrol War: How Nigerian Retailers recently slashed Pump Prices

2025 Nigeria TI Corruption Index Rating: Socioeconomic Impacts On The Country

What Students must do before sitting for CB‑WASSCE in 2026

SECURITY WATCH: 316 lives lost to armed attacks 71 days after Tinubu’s emergency on security

Kuti disclosed that the entire drainage path of about 1.5 kilometres from the bridge, through communities to outer Marina into the lagoon, blocked by illegal refuse disposal, had been cleaned.

The controller explained that the depression of the Apongbon Bridge was prone to heavy flooding in the past, due to drain stuffing attitude that blocked the channels.

He appealed to residents using drainage channels as refuse dumps to change their attitudes and begin to protect government infrastructure as their personal property.

“As the road has been repaired, we appeal to Lagosians to use government property as their own. Those who are blocking drainages should desist from such.

“Motorists and other road users should drive with care within the Federal Roads Safety Corps stipulated speed limits.

“With the repair, we have reduced travel time and the security challenges, because bad boys were using the bad portion of the road to rob motorists,’’ he said.

RELATED STORYPosts

Central Bank of Nigeria and World Bank
National

World Bank cuts funding to the Central Bank of Nigeria – What changed behind the scenes

by Samuel David
February 19, 2026
Petrol pump prices slash: Nigerian Retailers
National

Petrol War: How Nigerian Retailers recently slashed Pump Prices

by Samuel David
February 19, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Terrorists kill 34 in Kebbi attack

by Afolabi Hakim
16:11 Feb 19, 2026

No fewer than 34 people lost their lives after terrorists suspected to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName