Friday, February 20, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Jonathan yet to speak on contesting 2023 presidency – Spokesman

by Adejayan Gbenga Gsong
January 7, 2020
in Politics
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Spokesman to former President Goodluck Jonathan has refuted claims that his principal is seeking a return to office as Nigeria president in 2023.

“There was nothing like that,” Jonathan’s spokesman Ikechukwu Eze said in a statement.

“The former President has not made any comments nor spoken to anyone on the coming elections.”

Jonathan was Nigeria’s president from 2009 till 2015.

READ ALSO

Is South-East Nigeria’s support for Tinubu key to Kanu’s release and an Igbo Presidency? – ChiefPriest’s 2027 Election proposal

2027 Election: Who are the key Monarchs behind Tinubu’s South-South push?

POWER REALIGNMENT: Does Obi’s exit to ADC threaten Labour Party’s future?

HEADS-UP: How APC’s two-thirds hold strengthens its command of the national assembly

ANALYSIS: Is the senate becoming a refuge for ex-governors?

He succeeded former president Uma’aru Musa Ya’ardua who died in office after an illness.

Jonathan contested and lost his reelection bid to current Nigeria president Muhammadu Buhari in 2015, ending the 16-years of Nigeria government under the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).

Since then, the former president has been rumoured to be eyeing a return to the office. Jonathan denied the claims before the 2019 presidential election which Buhari won to get his second tenure as Nigeria president.

Barely seven months since Buhari’s swearing-in for a second term in office, rumours of Jonathan wanting to contest for the office of president in 2023 resurfaced, but Eze said it was not true.

“He (Jonathan) is busy concentrating on his foundation, The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation (GJF), and its work of promoting peace, sustainable democracy and youth empowerment in Africa,” Eze said,

He disclosed that the recent rumours are recycled stories that were circulated on the internet before the 2019 general elections.

“If you check online, you will discover that a story with similar headline had been published in the past by few shady online sources,” Eze said.

RELATED STORYPosts

Tinubu, ChiefPriest and Nnamdi Kanu
Entertainment

Is South-East Nigeria’s support for Tinubu key to Kanu’s release and an Igbo Presidency? – ChiefPriest’s 2027 Election proposal

by Samuel David
February 19, 2026
Tinubu
Politics

2027 Election: Who are the key Monarchs behind Tinubu’s South-South push?

by Samuel David
February 18, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Terrorists kill 34 in Kebbi attack

by Afolabi Hakim
16:11 Feb 19, 2026

No fewer than 34 people lost their lives after terrorists suspected to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName