Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

US says no American casualty from Iranian missile strikes, Iran insists it killed 80 Americans

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
January 8, 2020
in World News
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Amidst speculation of loss of lives as a result of missile strikes launched by Iranian government to target US troops in Iraq, the United States Government has declared that there was no American casualty in the Iranian missile strikes that struck its air bases in Al Asad and Erbil in Iraq.

WITHIN NIGERIA had earlier reported that Iranian government has claimed that it killed 80 American in an attack on US’ Iraqi airbase involving 15 missiles launched on US targets in Iraq.

According to reports, Iran alleged that over 100 other targets in the region are in Iran’s sight and will subsequently be attacked if Washington took any retaliatory measures and further disclosed that US helicopters and military equipment were “severely damaged” in the strikes.

While reacting on the missile strikes in a speech broadcast live on state television, Iran’s Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said a “slap in the face” was delivered to the US after the attack. “Last night, a slap in the face was delivered,”

READ ALSO

Updated 2026 United Kingdom list of Individuals and Organisations designated as Terrorism Financiers

Trump and Remi Tinubu Together at U.S. Prayer Breakfast: Key Moments

US Visa Bonds for Nigerians: Who it affects, How much it costs and What it means for Applicants

CLARIFIED: The US has imposed visa bonds on Nigeria — what Nigerians should know

Concerns Grow as Trump’s Policies Target Minority Communities

In a new development, an official of the United States Pentagon denied the report and disclosed that Iranians deliberately aimed to miss the Americans.

There are speculations that this misfire influenced President Donald Trump’s tweet where he stated that all is well.

President Donald Trump tweeted;

“So far so good, all is well”.

“All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning”.

RELATED STORYPosts

UK Terrorism Financiers list: Kieran Gurpreet Singh Rehal and James Gallagher
World News

Updated 2026 United Kingdom list of Individuals and Organisations designated as Terrorism Financiers

by Samuel David
February 16, 2026
Donald Trump and Remi Tinubu
World News

Trump and Remi Tinubu Together at U.S. Prayer Breakfast: Key Moments

by Samuel David
February 8, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Electoral Act Amendment: APC and the illusion of progressivism

by Afolabi Hakim
15:50 Feb 18, 2026

On Monday, the lower chamber, the House of Representatives, and the upper…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName