Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

One killed, three injured as gas explodes in Lagos

by Adejayan Gbenga Gsong
July 28, 2020
in Metro
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
One killed, three injured as gas explodes in Lagos
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, has said that a man lost his life while three adults were injured in a gas explosion which took place at Palmgroove Estate, Lagos.

The LASEMA Director-General, Dr. Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, who confirmed the accident on Monday, said that the three injured people had been hospitalized.

Oke-Osanyintolu said that LASEMA received an emergency call at about 6:p.m. on Monday that a gas explosion had occurred at 13C Palmgroove Estate, Cappa Avenue in Lagos.

According to him, upon arrival at the scene of the incident, a gas cylinder used in filling an outdoor air conditioner split unit of a storey building exploded as a result of gas leakage from the cylinder.

READ ALSO

Lady alleges rape in Lagos Apartment: Investigation Updates and Key Questions

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

Inside the ongoing controversy over Makoko demolition and 10,000 Lives displaced

How Long Can Anambra Survive the Sit-at-Home Market Shutdown?

Enugu: Family In Pains As 26-Year-Old Twin Member Goes Missing

“This accident resulted in the death of a 30-year-old male, Usman Bello, while the other three men sustained different degrees of injuries.

”The LASEMA Response Team, the Nigeria Police and the Lagos State Fire Service are responders at the scene of the incident.

“All the occupants in the building which belong to Mr. Dayo Shofolawe, have been evacuated.

”The scene of the incident has been cordoned off to prevent any secondary incident,” Oke-Osanyintolu said.

However, he also urged the residents not to enter into the premises, adding that there were visible cracks on the walls and pillars while recovery operation was still ongoing.

RELATED STORYPosts

Lady Mirabel's rape claims at Lagos apartment
Metro

Lady alleges rape in Lagos Apartment: Investigation Updates and Key Questions

by Samuel David
February 18, 2026
Metro

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
February 9, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Electoral Act Amendment: APC and the illusion of progressivism

by Afolabi Hakim
15:50 Feb 18, 2026

On Monday, the lower chamber, the House of Representatives, and the upper…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName