Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

New cult member tortured to death during initiation in Ebonyi

by Adejayan Gbenga Gsong
July 29, 2020
in Metro
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
New cult member tortured to death during initiation in Ebonyi
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

A 32-year-old man, Nwali Kingsley, was on Tuesday remanded at a correctional facility by an Ebonyi State Magistrate’s Court for allegedly torturing one Nwafor Johnson to death during cult initiation.

The suspect and others at large, it was gathered, also tortured another victim, Chigbo Ugbala, with sticks and machetes during the act.

It was learnt that while Johnson died and was thrown into the river, Ugbala fled the initiation ground.

Sources said efforts to recover the remains of the deceased had been futile.

READ ALSO

Lady alleges rape in Lagos Apartment: Investigation Updates and Key Questions

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

Inside the ongoing controversy over Makoko demolition and 10,000 Lives displaced

How Long Can Anambra Survive the Sit-at-Home Market Shutdown?

Enugu: Family In Pains As 26-Year-Old Twin Member Goes Missing

It was gathered that the incident happened on July 10 at Ekeugwu-Azuinyaba Secondary School, Azuinyaba, in the Ishielu Local Government Area of the state.

Kingsley was arraigned on four counts of murder, conspiracy, cultism and unlawful possession of firearms.

The Police Prosecutor, ASP Eze Nnabuaku, told the court that the offences were punishable under sections 516A (a), 319 (1) and 335 of the Criminal Code Cap. 33 Vol. 1, Laws of Ebonyi State of Nigeria.

The suspect, who was not represented in court, said he was lured into the act by his friends and pleaded for mercy.

The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Nnenna Onuoha, said the court lacked jurisdiction to hear the matter.

She asked that the case file be transferred to the Directorate of Public Prosecutions and adjourned till Friday, August 7, 2020.

RELATED STORYPosts

Lady Mirabel's rape claims at Lagos apartment
Metro

Lady alleges rape in Lagos Apartment: Investigation Updates and Key Questions

by Samuel David
February 18, 2026
Metro

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
February 9, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Electoral Act Amendment: APC and the illusion of progressivism

by Afolabi Hakim
15:50 Feb 18, 2026

On Monday, the lower chamber, the House of Representatives, and the upper…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName