Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

One injured as suspected hoodlums attack Lagos monarch

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
September 7, 2020
in Metro
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
One injured as suspected hoodlums attack Lagos monarch
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The palace of Isiu was reportedly stormed by suspected hoodlums and land grabbers on Sunday in Ikorodu, Lagos state in a failed attempt to abduct the newly-installed monarch following sporadic gunshots at the premises.

WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the monarch, Oba Okukayode Raji was given the staff of office by Wale Ahmed, the Lagos State Commissioner for Special Duties, on August 24, 2020.

According to the monarch, the hoodlums came in dozens with dangerous weapons before the intervention of local vigilante groups that averted their evil plots and chased them away.

The monarch said: “Suddenly, we started seeing strange faces and many boys coming closer to the palace with different weapons in their hands.

READ ALSO

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

Inside the ongoing controversy over Makoko demolition and 10,000 Lives displaced

How Long Can Anambra Survive the Sit-at-Home Market Shutdown?

Enugu: Family In Pains As 26-Year-Old Twin Member Goes Missing

Anambra Residents Snub Gov. Soludo, Observe Sit-At-Home

“While they moved closer, they started shooting; one of my sons was wounded in the process.

“My house, my car and many people who came to pay homage to me were also wounded.

“More than 60 people were shot, those who sustained serious injuries have been taken to the hospital for treatment.”

Raji explained that he contacted the Area Commander and the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) for help.

“They responded very late but later sent their officers to patrol the community,” he said.

“However, three suspects have been arrested so far.”

Raji, however, urged community leaders and indigenes to cooperate and solve land matters themselves to ensure absolute peace within the communities.

RELATED STORYPosts

Metro

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
February 9, 2026
Makoko house demolition
Metro

Inside the ongoing controversy over Makoko demolition and 10,000 Lives displaced

by Samuel David
February 5, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

El-Rufai and Ribadu: Blurring the lines of genuine activism and unsettling rabble-rousing

by Afolabi Hakim
22:04 Feb 16, 2026

He however needs to know that there should be a limit to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName