Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Lekki shooting: Sanwo-Olu did the right thing by inviting soldiers, says army general

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
November 14, 2020
in Metro
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Commander of the 81 division of the Nigerian Army, Ibrahim Taiwo has stated that Lagos governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu did the right thing by inviting soldiers to restore order during the #EndSARS protest in the state.

Taiwo while addressing the judicial panel set up by the state on Saturday said the soldiers were deployed immediately the governor invited them.

The brigadier-general said the soldiers were pelted with stones and bottles, yet they were able to stop a popular hotel beside the toll get from being set on fire.

“The world over, it is the custom that the army intervenes when a situation overcomes the police and paramilitary services. The occurrences that took place from October 18 were nothing short of lawlessness and violence,” Taiwo said.

READ ALSO

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

Inside the ongoing controversy over Makoko demolition and 10,000 Lives displaced

How Long Can Anambra Survive the Sit-at-Home Market Shutdown?

Enugu: Family In Pains As 26-Year-Old Twin Member Goes Missing

Anambra Residents Snub Gov. Soludo, Observe Sit-At-Home

“It was these incidents that made the Governor of Lagos State ask for military intervention and in my opinion, that was the correct thing to do since the police had been overrun and policemen were fighting for their dear lives.

“Contrary to what is out there, it was done throughout Lagos State upon receipt of Stage 4 of IS Security. Phase 4 is immediate deployment of soldiers outside the barracks to intervene.

“Troops were deployed from Badagry, Ikorodu, Epe, Apapa, Ikeja, Alimosho and even Lagos Island to restore order. The rules of engagement for internal security were strictly followed. It is inexcusable for troops to stand aside and watch the situation deteriorate.”

RELATED STORYPosts

Metro

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
February 9, 2026
Makoko house demolition
Metro

Inside the ongoing controversy over Makoko demolition and 10,000 Lives displaced

by Samuel David
February 5, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

El-Rufai and Ribadu: Blurring the lines of genuine activism and unsettling rabble-rousing

by Afolabi Hakim
22:04 Feb 16, 2026

He however needs to know that there should be a limit to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName