Saturday, February 21, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Panic As Boko Haram Returns To Zabarmari, Shoots In The Air

by
December 5, 2020
in Metro
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Barely few days, after killing rice farmers, in Zabarmari community in Jere Local Government Area, Borno State , Bokoharam insurgents reportedly invaded the town on Thursday, shooting sporadically to scare away the residents.

Some of the witnesses told newsmen that the terrorists came to the area but nobody was killed or abducted as people fled their homes.

Last Saturday, Boko Haram inflicted one of the greatest casualty figures in the state by slaughtering no fewer than 78 rice farmers in the community – an incident that has attracted national and global condemnation.

One of the residents, Ishaya Ahmed, said women who were on their way to farm on Thursday first caught a glimpse of the terrorists.

READ ALSO

Enugu Community Mourns As Ancestral Tree Falls, Kills 11 Passengers

INSIDE STORY: How UNN 300-Level Student Allegedly Stabbed Himself To Death

How Nigeria’s Economy Is Shaping Ramadan 2026

Lady alleges rape in Lagos Apartment: Investigation Updates and Key Questions

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

“While some of our women and girls were on their way to the farm on Thursday, they came across the Boko Haram in large numbers, moving in a single line from north to south and, at the sight of the women, they began to shoot sporadically into the air to scare people away.

“So, the women froze at the gunshots and could not proceed to the farms. They had to return. I think the insurgents spared them because they were women. If we, the men, had followed them, they might have killed us.”

A community leader in Zabarmari, who did not want his name to be mentioned, told SaharaReporters that boys and men were affected in the Saturday’s gruesome murder.

“Some of them were newly-weds,” he said. “Some with very young families. Others were mostly school-age boys while some were hired to harvest the farm for some fee. We heard the rumours that women were also killed, but it is not true.”

Meanwhile, a woman in the community who lost her husband during the attack, said: “We got married eight months ago. I don’t have a child, and I don’t have any business I am doing. I only survive by what my husband makes from the farm. At the moment, I am staying with my mother since the death of my husband.”

The Senate earlier on Tuesday called on the president to fire the service chiefs who have failed to secure Nigerians while the House of Representatives summoned the president to brief the house on the mass murder.

The Borno State governor, Babagana Zulum, who seemed to have lost trust on Nigerian armed forces, had on Monday asked the president to engage the services of mercenaries to fight Boko Haram.

“One of our recommendations as possible solutions to end the insurgency is the immediate recruitment of our youths into military and paramilitary services to complement the efforts of the Nigerian forces,” he said. “Our third recommendation is for the President to engage the services of mercenaries to clear the entire Sambisa forest.”

RELATED STORYPosts

Citizen Reports

Enugu Community Mourns As Ancestral Tree Falls, Kills 11 Passengers

by Nnadi Christopher Ikechukwu
February 19, 2026
Metro

INSIDE STORY: How UNN 300-Level Student Allegedly Stabbed Himself To Death

by Nnadi Christopher Ikechukwu
February 19, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Terrorists kill 34 in Kebbi attack

by Afolabi Hakim
16:11 Feb 19, 2026

No fewer than 34 people lost their lives after terrorists suspected to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName