Friday, February 20, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Gov Wike clears air on his criticism of PDP, decamping to APC

by Adejayan Gbenga Gsong
December 15, 2020
in Politics
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Wike bows to pressure, releases 22 Exxonmobil staff
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has insisted his criticism of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Working Committee (NWC), should not be interpreted as a crisis within the party.

Wike made the clarification when he was visited by friends and political associates on Sunday night at the Government House in Port Harcourt.

The guests came to felicitate with the Governor on the occasion of his birthday.

Wike made it clear that since he “lacks the capacity to decamp to another political party, particularly, the All Progressives Congress”, he will “continue to speak out against perceived abnormalities in the PDP to ensure it does not die”.

READ ALSO

Is South-East Nigeria’s support for Tinubu key to Kanu’s release and an Igbo Presidency? – ChiefPriest’s 2027 Election proposal

2027 Election: Who are the key Monarchs behind Tinubu’s South-South push?

POWER REALIGNMENT: Does Obi’s exit to ADC threaten Labour Party’s future?

HEADS-UP: How APC’s two-thirds hold strengthens its command of the national assembly

ANALYSIS: Is the senate becoming a refuge for ex-governors?

In a statement signed by his media aide, Kelvin Ebiri, Wike noted that as a founding member of the PDP, he will continue to speak against whatever is militating against the progress of the party, irrespective of who is in charge of the NWC.

The Governor further said he has experienced several persecutions in his political journey and cannot imagine if any other governor had been fought like him and survived.

Before then, Former Publicity Secretary of APC, Chris Finebone, had said Wike and other agents of the government were planning to initiate frivolous court actions to cripple the APC nationwide.

He said the plot was being hatched by Wike, some moles in the APC and unnamed chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

According to him, part of the plan was to file all manner of cases against the APC to create further crisis in the party ahead of the 2023 elections.

RELATED STORYPosts

Tinubu, ChiefPriest and Nnamdi Kanu
Entertainment

Is South-East Nigeria’s support for Tinubu key to Kanu’s release and an Igbo Presidency? – ChiefPriest’s 2027 Election proposal

by Samuel David
February 19, 2026
Tinubu
Politics

2027 Election: Who are the key Monarchs behind Tinubu’s South-South push?

by Samuel David
February 18, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Terrorists kill 34 in Kebbi attack

by Afolabi Hakim
16:11 Feb 19, 2026

No fewer than 34 people lost their lives after terrorists suspected to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName