Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Kankara schoolboy recounts experience with abductors, says they were forced to drink from dirty brooks

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
December 17, 2020
in Metro
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

One of the school boys from Government Science Secondary School, Kankara in Katsina state who escaped from his abductors has recounted his bad experience in their hands.

According to TheCable report, some parents of the abducted children were seen seated in groups and discussing their plight in the school.

It was also learnt that the parents about 30 of them have continued to keep vigil at the school in the hope of getting some news about their children.

Recall that the gunmen attacked the school around midnight last Friday, kidnapping over 300 students.

READ ALSO

Lady alleges rape in Lagos Apartment: Investigation Updates and Key Questions

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

Inside the ongoing controversy over Makoko demolition and 10,000 Lives displaced

How Long Can Anambra Survive the Sit-at-Home Market Shutdown?

Enugu: Family In Pains As 26-Year-Old Twin Member Goes Missing

But it was later announced that 17 of them have been found eventhough the state government confirmed that about 333 schoolboys are missing.

A source at the school disclosed that some of the schoolboys who escaped during a headcount by the gunmen in the forest, said 520 of them were counted.

The escaped schoolboy said they were beaten like cattle and made to eat wild leaves as well as drink from dirty brooks used by grazing animals.

The parents of the abducted schoolboys have asked the state government to release names of the 17 students who it said were found shortly after the attack.

The governor of Katsina state, Aminu Masari had stated that the government was in touch with the gunmen and that 17 of the school boys had been found.

One of the parents identified as Bashir Hamisu whose son, Mujahid Abdul, 12, was abducted said they heard 17 students were found, but that they were yet to know who they are.

“We are yet to see or hear from the students. We call on the government to release them or their identities, so that they could be reunited with their families,” he said.

RELATED STORYPosts

Lady Mirabel's rape claims at Lagos apartment
Metro

Lady alleges rape in Lagos Apartment: Investigation Updates and Key Questions

by Samuel David
February 18, 2026
Metro

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
February 9, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Electoral Act Amendment: APC and the illusion of progressivism

by Afolabi Hakim
15:50 Feb 18, 2026

On Monday, the lower chamber, the House of Representatives, and the upper…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName