Donald Trump, United States president, says American troops working with the Nigerian Armed Forces have killed Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, whom he described as the “global second-in-command of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).”
In a post shared on his Truth Social platform on Saturday, Trump said the operation was jointly carried out by US and Nigerian forces after intelligence operatives monitored the activities of the terrorist leader in Africa.
Trump said al-Minuki had been actively coordinating attacks and supporting plots targeted at Americans and communities across Africa.
The US president said the killing of the ISIS commander would considerably disrupt the terror group’s international network and weaken its presence on the African continent.
He also praised the Nigerian government and military authorities for supporting the operation.
“Tonight, at my direction, brave American forces and the Armed Forces of Nigeria flawlessly executed a meticulously planned and very complex mission to eliminate the most active terrorist in the world from the battlefield,” the US president wrote.
“Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, second in command of ISIS globally, thought he could hide in Africa, but little did he know we had sources who kept us informed on what he was doing.
“He will no longer terrorize the people of Africa, or help plan operations to target Americans.
“With his removal, ISIS’s global operation is greatly diminished.
“Thank you to the Government of Nigeria for your partnership on this operation.
“GOD BLESS AMERICA! President DONALD J. TRUMP.”

