- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
- Ojukwu’s first son, Debe Ojukwu is dead, Bianca reacts
- November 6 Indefinite Strike: Court stops NLC, TUC, adjourns case
- Nigeria Army discovers illegal security training camp in Taraba
- Boko Haram kills Imam, 14 others in fresh attack in borno
- Pandemonium in Abuja as Shi’ites clash with Army again (Photos/Video)
- Fayose perfects N50m bail, regains freedom
THIS IS WHY I DROPPED THE GUN FOR MUSIC – D’banj
The singer was a guest at the CNN African Voices studio, where he revealed some things about himself that many did not know including why he picked up music as a career.
D’banj disclosed that has always wanted to be a military officer because he wanted to save the world couple with the fact that his father was a military officer and they move around from barracks to barracks but had to drop the gun for a microphone.
Speaking with CNN Keturah King, the singer who went to a Military school said, “I was never in one place. I was always moving around with my dad from one barracks to the next. I loved the military, I wanted to save the world, I wanted to be the first black super-hero. But, then instead of carrying the gun to save the world, I carried the microphone.”