- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
THIS IS WHY I DROPPED THE GUN FOR MUSIC – D’banj
The singer was a guest at the CNN African Voices studio, where he revealed some things about himself that many did not know including why he picked up music as a career.
D’banj disclosed that has always wanted to be a military officer because he wanted to save the world couple with the fact that his father was a military officer and they move around from barracks to barracks but had to drop the gun for a microphone.
Speaking with CNN Keturah King, the singer who went to a Military school said, “I was never in one place. I was always moving around with my dad from one barracks to the next. I loved the military, I wanted to save the world, I wanted to be the first black super-hero. But, then instead of carrying the gun to save the world, I carried the microphone.”