- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
This Instagram Account Is Exposing the Hypocrisy of Instagram’s Anti-Nipple Policy
Despite continuous protests from the #FreeTheNipple community, Instagram has yet to revisit their community guidelines they set up back in 2015 that say women’s nipples are not allowed on the website with the exception of “post-mastectomy scarring and women actively breastfeeding.” This ban on women’s nipples but not men’s, reinforces the idea that women’s bodies are inherently more sexual, sexualized, and basically obscene than men’s.
So, Genderless_Nipples is an Instagram account that’s throwing Instagram’s anti-nip policy right back in its face. The account posts closeup pics of nipples of all shapes, sizes, and colors, with short-and-sweet captions, celebrating the awesomeness that are nipples — regardless of gender. The account’s bio reads “Men are allowed to show their nipples, women’s get banned. Support ALL genders! Let’s change this policy!”
The account’s creators, Morgan-Lee Wagner, Evelyne Wyss, and Marco Russo told The Huffington Post that, “no matter people’s gender, everybody should be treated equally.” “We are not against the rules,” they continued, “but we think rules should be applied to all genders equally.”
Of course, with any powerful and bold message comes the haters. The group’s original account, GenderlessNipples, was hacked, and deleted:
That didn’t stop Wagner, Wyss, and Russo from restarting their Nipple equality campaign with a new account. Now, they’re inviting anyone who’s down to free their nips to email their anonymous nipples to [email protected] to continue the fight against Instagram’s sexist double-standards.