- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
This Genius Viral Photo Helps Simplify Breast Cancer Detection
The photo went viral when Erin Smith Chieze posted it on Facebook in response to others posting red hearts for breast cancer awareness. In her post, she wrote movingly about her own experience with breast cancer, and how frustrating it was to see people share meaningless red hearts, and not something that could actually save lives.
“PLEASE, stop playing games that do not actually promote awareness, they often cause people to tune out anything that might even mention the word awareness,” Erin wrote. “So if you truly want to help people WITH cancer, or those who will GET cancer, share photos like this one.”
Read Erin’s whole post here:
Of course, the photo is no substitution for regular appointments with your doctor, but it’s sure a hell of lot better than a red heart.