- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Ambode’s Special Adviser, Deji Tinubu slumps, dies; Lagos confirms death
The Special Adviser to Governor Akinwunmi Ambode on Commerce, Deji Tinubu, is dead.
It was gathered that Deji, who was the former Chairman of Lagos State Sports Commission, died late on Thursday during a novelty match in the Epe area of Lagos State.
Lagos State Executive members and other top government functionaries are in Epe for a retreat.
It was gathered that Tinubu slumped in the field and was confirmed dead at a hospital in Epe.
Lagos mourns Deji Tinubu
The Lagos State Government has confirmed the death of Mr. Deji Tinubu, the Special Adviser on Commerce, Industry and Cooperatives.
The Government in a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Kehinde Bamigbetan, expressed “shock and disbelief’ over the sudden death of Mr. Tinubu and has reached out to his immediate family to commiserate on this huge loss to the family and the citizens of Lagos State.
“We are still in shock. All of us at the State Executive Council are in disbelief. He was a good and committed patriot who brought his passion to his job. He was a gentleman who maintained excellent team spirit. We shall miss him,” he said.
Lagos confirms death
The Lagos State Government on Friday confirmed the death of Mr Deji Tinubu, the Special Adviser on Commerce, Industry and Cooperatives to Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode.
The government, in a statement by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Kehinde Bamigbetan, expressed shock and disbelief’ over the sudden death of Tinubu.
According to Bamigbetan, Tinubu, a soccer fan, slumped while playing five aside match with fellow participants at the ongoing retreat of members of the State Executive Council and permanent secretaries in Epe.
“Doctors and nurses rushed to give him first aid and he was immediately taken to the General Hospital, Epe, where he was confirmed dead.
“An autopsy is expected to be carried out while burial arrangements will be announced by the family.