- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
- [UPDATED] ASUU suspends strike after reaching agreement with FG
Ambode’s Special Adviser, Deji Tinubu slumps, dies; Lagos confirms death
The Special Adviser to Governor Akinwunmi Ambode on Commerce, Deji Tinubu, is dead.
It was gathered that Deji, who was the former Chairman of Lagos State Sports Commission, died late on Thursday during a novelty match in the Epe area of Lagos State.
Lagos State Executive members and other top government functionaries are in Epe for a retreat.
It was gathered that Tinubu slumped in the field and was confirmed dead at a hospital in Epe.
Lagos mourns Deji Tinubu
The Lagos State Government has confirmed the death of Mr. Deji Tinubu, the Special Adviser on Commerce, Industry and Cooperatives.
The Government in a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Kehinde Bamigbetan, expressed “shock and disbelief’ over the sudden death of Mr. Tinubu and has reached out to his immediate family to commiserate on this huge loss to the family and the citizens of Lagos State.
“We are still in shock. All of us at the State Executive Council are in disbelief. He was a good and committed patriot who brought his passion to his job. He was a gentleman who maintained excellent team spirit. We shall miss him,” he said.
Lagos confirms death
The Lagos State Government on Friday confirmed the death of Mr Deji Tinubu, the Special Adviser on Commerce, Industry and Cooperatives to Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode.
The government, in a statement by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Kehinde Bamigbetan, expressed shock and disbelief’ over the sudden death of Tinubu.
According to Bamigbetan, Tinubu, a soccer fan, slumped while playing five aside match with fellow participants at the ongoing retreat of members of the State Executive Council and permanent secretaries in Epe.
“Doctors and nurses rushed to give him first aid and he was immediately taken to the General Hospital, Epe, where he was confirmed dead.
“An autopsy is expected to be carried out while burial arrangements will be announced by the family.