- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Woman dies in church after giving testimony
A hairdresser died in the church immediately after giving testimonies before the congregation at Universal Church of God.
The deceased, simply identified as Mpofu attended a church service at Bulawayo area of Zimbabwe where she gave a testimony thanking God for the wonders He had done in her life.
According to reports by B-metro, Mpofu slumped immediately after sharing her testimony and died in the church.
A close relative who asked for anonymity told the media that they were very disappointed and confused as they were not sure if the testimony was the reason behind Mpofu’s death.
“It is very sad that our family member died this way. She was someone who was a dedicated church member which now turns to be a surprise that she died in the house which she thought was the safest,” said the relative.
“What is more surprising is when all this happened the church did not notify us that she had collapsed choosing to keep her for six hours. We do not know why they kept her in church when they were aware that her condition was critical, that is why we are suspecting foul play,” he continued.
The deceased’s husband left mourners in shock when he asked all church members to leave the funeral.
It was clear that he wanted nothing to do with Universal Church members and their pastors.
A pastor who declined to be named said they did not bother attending the funeral as they were not on good terms with Mpofu’s family. Mpofu was buried on Monday.
Efforts to get a comment from the church on the incident involving their deceased member were fruitless as a pastor that invited B-Metro over for a comment asked for written questions that he said would be sent to their lawyers for a response.