- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
- Gunmen in military uniform attacks Naka community in Benue, sets houses ablaze
- Appeal court freezes Fayose’s bank account
- Photos: Police arrest Senator Omo-Agege after Thugs cart away Senate mace during plenary
- Tragedy: Gunmen killed 4 policemen in Benue, 11 others missing (photos)
- Fresh Strike: Killer Herdsmen murder village head in Benue
- Another Popular Nollywood Actor, Tony Aleg is dead
- FG confirms Anambra as oil producing state, approves employment for 10,000 youths
- Swazi king’s 8th wife, Senteni Masango commits suicide
Mayweather escape assassination, bodyguard shot, wounded in Atlanta
A bodyguard for Floyd Mayweather was wounded when a gunman in a vehicle opened fire on the boxer’s motorcade.
Mayweather’s entourage was travelling through an Atlanta intersection early on Monday, police said.
Mayweather was not in the vehicle that was fired upon and was not injured in the incident, a spokesman for the Atlanta Police Department said.
Mayweather’s bodyguard Gregory LaRosa, who was shot in the leg, was released from the hospital three hours after the shooting.
Mayweather’s entourage attended a nightclub earlier in the evening and were in three SUVs after leaving a dinner at 2 am
A vehicle pulled up to the SUVs in an intersection and a gunman inside opened fire, striking LaRosa in the lower leg.
LaRosa was immediately taken to a hospital, Atlanta Police Department spokesman Donald Hannah told a news conference.
Police believe the shooter was familiar with the entourage or the group of vehicles. Police are not sure if anything happened earlier in the evening that led to the shooting.
Mayweather, who said he has retired, was in Atlanta to promote a boxing event in Las Vegas on Saturday night, ESPN reported.
The 41-year-old boxer beat mixed martial arts champion Conor McGregor to send his record to a 50-0 in August.