- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
- Photos from Nasarawa gas explosion
- 2019: Atiku escape mob action after submitting PDP nomination forms
- Photos of 3 APC LG chairman killed in auto crash in Saudi Arabia
- 2019: Saraki, Jonathan in closed door meeting
- Nollywood loses another actress, Uduak Akrah
Mayweather escape assassination, bodyguard shot, wounded in Atlanta
A bodyguard for Floyd Mayweather was wounded when a gunman in a vehicle opened fire on the boxer’s motorcade.
Mayweather’s entourage was travelling through an Atlanta intersection early on Monday, police said.
Mayweather was not in the vehicle that was fired upon and was not injured in the incident, a spokesman for the Atlanta Police Department said.
Mayweather’s bodyguard Gregory LaRosa, who was shot in the leg, was released from the hospital three hours after the shooting.
Mayweather’s entourage attended a nightclub earlier in the evening and were in three SUVs after leaving a dinner at 2 am
A vehicle pulled up to the SUVs in an intersection and a gunman inside opened fire, striking LaRosa in the lower leg.
LaRosa was immediately taken to a hospital, Atlanta Police Department spokesman Donald Hannah told a news conference.
Police believe the shooter was familiar with the entourage or the group of vehicles. Police are not sure if anything happened earlier in the evening that led to the shooting.
Mayweather, who said he has retired, was in Atlanta to promote a boxing event in Las Vegas on Saturday night, ESPN reported.
The 41-year-old boxer beat mixed martial arts champion Conor McGregor to send his record to a 50-0 in August.