- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
Mayweather escape assassination, bodyguard shot, wounded in Atlanta
A bodyguard for Floyd Mayweather was wounded when a gunman in a vehicle opened fire on the boxer’s motorcade.
Mayweather’s entourage was travelling through an Atlanta intersection early on Monday, police said.
Mayweather was not in the vehicle that was fired upon and was not injured in the incident, a spokesman for the Atlanta Police Department said.
Mayweather’s bodyguard Gregory LaRosa, who was shot in the leg, was released from the hospital three hours after the shooting.
Mayweather’s entourage attended a nightclub earlier in the evening and were in three SUVs after leaving a dinner at 2 am
A vehicle pulled up to the SUVs in an intersection and a gunman inside opened fire, striking LaRosa in the lower leg.
LaRosa was immediately taken to a hospital, Atlanta Police Department spokesman Donald Hannah told a news conference.
Police believe the shooter was familiar with the entourage or the group of vehicles. Police are not sure if anything happened earlier in the evening that led to the shooting.
Mayweather, who said he has retired, was in Atlanta to promote a boxing event in Las Vegas on Saturday night, ESPN reported.
The 41-year-old boxer beat mixed martial arts champion Conor McGregor to send his record to a 50-0 in August.