- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Army recovers N2.2m As They Raid Boko Haram Camp In Yobe (Photos)
Troops of the Nigerian Army recovered the sum of N2.2 million when they raided a Boko Haram camp in Yaridiri forest in Geidam local government area of Yobe state on Friday, June 1, 2018.
According to a statement by the Deputy Director of Public Relations of Theatre Command Operation Lafiya Dole, Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu, troops of 27 Task Force Battalion were on a long range fighting patrol when they raided the camp.
The terrorists in the camp were forced to flee after a shootout with soldiers, leaving behind the sum of N2,208,000 and other items such as three AK-47 rifle magazines, 21 rounds of 7.62 mm (special) ammunition, a motorcycle and two mobile handsets.
Two other raids by troops of Operation Lafiya Dole in Borno state also resulted in the death of 11 Boko Haram terrorists.
While on a clearance patrol on Saturday, June 2, troops of 153 Task Battalion and the Cameroonian Defence Forces at Ngelkona in Ngala local government area of the state killed 10 Boko Haram terrorists along Wulgo-Ngelkona general area.
The terrorists were mounted on horses and had engaged troops before they were neutralised. According to Col. Nwachukwu, items recovered from them include one Boko Haram flag, a set of bow and arrows, two mobile phones and one Cameroonian international passport.
Troops of 82 Task Force Battalion also killed one Boko Haram terrorist during a clearance operation at Ngoshe in Gwoza local government area of Borno on Friday, June 1.
One AK-47 rifle, 41 rounds of locally fabricated ammunition and four improvised explosive devices (IED) were recovered by troops.