- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
Outrage As 30yrs Old Man Who Rap*d A 10yrs Old Girl Is Set Free By Court In Edo State (Photos)
A suspect who was arrested for molesting a minor in Edo state has been reportedly granted bail. The 30-year-old suspect identified as Mr. Nwachukwu Benjamin was granted bail today by a magistrate court in Benin city, the state capital after allegedly defiling a 10-year-old girl.
Civil rights activist; Israel Joe who shared the news – claimed that the alleged rapist’s family vowed to use their wealth to ensure his freedom before he was released today.
It was reported that the case was transferred to State CID Benin and was allegedly compromised by the investigating police officer IPO.
Israel who called on the state governor, Godwin Obaseki to look into the issue – took to Facebook to share his outrage.
Below is what he wrote;
The 30 years Old Benjamin who defiled this young girl of ten now walks freely in the society with pride and arrogance. I’m seriously in pain because I have never heard a magistrate granting bail for a case of defilement. The Officer in Charge who told me yesterday on phone that the boy will be charged appropriately with defilement today went ahead in connivance with the judiciary to grant bail to the suspect.
It should be on record that Edo State has set a bad precedence against the background of justice and if something is not quickly done. All rapist in Benin will always find themselves back to the society with more sophisticated freedom. I call on Governor Godwin Obaseki to look into the injustice done to this poor girl and call for rightness.