- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
5 ways to remain crazily, mindlessly in love with your boo forever
For people whose relationships keep moving from one beautiful phase to another, scaling heights of happiness and other good relationship thing, here are five things they do differently:
1. Respect each other
Respect is the base of every relationship. So you should respect your partner if you ever want to be respected by him or her. Always treat the other how you want to be treated.
It is so, so important to realise this.
Respect is the base of every relationship. (Getty)
2. Encourage one another
Ups and downs are the part of life but the true partner is one who stays with you in all situations. You should encourage each other in difficult situations of life.
Let each other know you’ve got one another’s back, no matter what.
3. Respect space
Everyone needs space to be themselves, even in a happy, committed relationship or marriage.
Expecting to be bound to your partner’s hips all day, every day is unwise. You’ll not get it.
Having such expectations will only breed disappointment.
It’s OK to be angry, but not to the point of shutting communication down completely. (Madamenoire)
4. Don’t ever underrate communication
One thing people with amazing relationships know is that communication is too key to be toyed with. It is the major tool for unlocking newer levels of understanding which in turn leads to happier relationships.
Even when you are angry and pissed off and feeling like shutting your partner off, don’t do it.
It’s OK to be angry, but not to the point of shutting communication down completely. Happiness diminishes with the reduction of communication.
5. Don’t hammer on shortcomings
The aim of a relationship is to make the other person feel better and vice versa. Focusing unduly is not the way to achieve that.
Yes, your partner will have imperfections and shortcomings, but you know that already, and entering into a relationship with them logically presupposes a willingness to be with them regardless.
So, to retain the spark of that relationship and to stay happy in that marriage, do not let those imperfections be your focus. Be willing, instead to help them grow past those defects.