- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
I’m Not Worth My World-record €222 Million Transfer Fee – Neymar
The French giants triggered the 26-year-old Brazilian star’s €222million release clause to sign him from Barcelona last summer.
Asked about his record move, Neymar said: “I’m not proud of the transfer fee, nor of the fact I’m the most expensive player ever.
“That’s just money and nothing else. I cannot help it. Personally, I would have paid less for myself.
“I’m proud that I’ve achieved my childhood goal. That was, and is, most important to me. As a player, you always have to show who you are and assert yourself.
“Just referring to the transfer fee does not help you and says nothing about how good you really are.”
The Brazilian superstar has been a sensation in Paris. He scored 28 goals in 30 appearances for PSG and was crowned the Ligue 1 Player of the Year.