- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
I’m Not Worth My World-record €222 Million Transfer Fee – Neymar
The French giants triggered the 26-year-old Brazilian star’s €222million release clause to sign him from Barcelona last summer.
Asked about his record move, Neymar said: “I’m not proud of the transfer fee, nor of the fact I’m the most expensive player ever.
“That’s just money and nothing else. I cannot help it. Personally, I would have paid less for myself.
“I’m proud that I’ve achieved my childhood goal. That was, and is, most important to me. As a player, you always have to show who you are and assert yourself.
“Just referring to the transfer fee does not help you and says nothing about how good you really are.”
The Brazilian superstar has been a sensation in Paris. He scored 28 goals in 30 appearances for PSG and was crowned the Ligue 1 Player of the Year.