- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
I’m Not Worth My World-record €222 Million Transfer Fee – Neymar
The French giants triggered the 26-year-old Brazilian star’s €222million release clause to sign him from Barcelona last summer.
Asked about his record move, Neymar said: “I’m not proud of the transfer fee, nor of the fact I’m the most expensive player ever.
“That’s just money and nothing else. I cannot help it. Personally, I would have paid less for myself.
“I’m proud that I’ve achieved my childhood goal. That was, and is, most important to me. As a player, you always have to show who you are and assert yourself.
“Just referring to the transfer fee does not help you and says nothing about how good you really are.”
The Brazilian superstar has been a sensation in Paris. He scored 28 goals in 30 appearances for PSG and was crowned the Ligue 1 Player of the Year.