- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Lagos Landlord Suddenly Slumps And Dies Just Minutes After Disagreement With Tenant
Abiodun Bolarinwa, a landlord in Lagos, has died after a disagreement with his tenant, Shadrach Enim, on Chris Matthew Street, in the Okokomaiko area of Lagos State.
Punch Metro reports that the duo on Saturday had a hot exchange of words, during which the men abused and threatened each other.
A few minutes afterwards, Bolarinwa was reported to have slumped and died.
It was learnt that the tenant was immediately apprehended and handed over to the police, with the allegation that he had a hand in the landlord’s death.
The cause of the fight had yet to be ascertained as of press time.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Chike Oti, confirmed the incident, adding that investigations into what actually transpired were ongoing.
He said, “The story is confirmed. The landlord and the tenant had a misunderstanding that degenerated into a verbal abuse on Saturday, around 6.20pm.
“According to the report from the division, there was no physical contact. The landlord, Mr Abiodun Bolarinwa, slumped and died. The corpse has been taken to a mortuary for autopsy. The tenant is in custody pending the conclusion of investigations.”