- Shehu Sani resigns, quits APC, fails to give reasons
- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
IG, Ibrahim Idris sacks the Commissioner of Police in Plateau State with immediate effect following killing in Jos.
The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has sacked the Commissioner of Police in Plateau State, Undie Adie, with immediate effect.
Adie’s sack comes after over 100 people were slaughtered in the state by suspected herdsmen. He has been replaced by the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Bala Ciroma.
Ciroma was before his new position in charge of the Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (CIID), FTC Command. The Yobe born police officer attended University of Maiduguri and graduated in 1988.
He joined the force as Cadet Assistant Superintendent in 1990 and had served in various Capacities.