- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
Killings: Nigerians should be allowed to carry gun — Senator Marafa
Senator Marafa says Nigerians should be allowed to carry guns as way of stopping wanton killings.
Senator Kabir Marafa has suggested that Nigerians should be allowed to carry guns as a way of stopping the wanton killings in many parts of the country.
Senator Marafa, who is from Zamfara state where many people have been killed during multiple civil unrests, made the suggestion last Tuesday during deliberations in the senate where himself and other senators reacted to the killings in Plateau and other states. According to Premiumtimes, a visibly angry Marafa said.
“My point is, people cannot be slaughtered in their houses helplessly. Maybe what we need to do is to liberalise gun control. Let everybody own a gun so that when you are coming to my house, you will know that I have my own gun while you are coming with yours”.
The senator added that he believes that the only advantage the criminals have over their victims is the guns and weapons they carry.