- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
3 Ways on How to Overcome Internet Addiction
Studies tell us that internet addiction is as dangerous as any other types, but with the proper mindset, attitude, and support system, this is something that can be easily overcome.
Internet was introduced for public use in the early 1990s as a groundbreaking technological advancement. Since then, billions of people have used the internet in one way or another, while some have ultimately become addicted to it. In the United States alone, 1 out of 8 Americans is considered to be addicted to the internet, which amounts to almost 40 million people.
Although the internet has undoubtedly offered us great convenience especially in the last two decades, the number of people that have become dependent on it is quite alarming. If you think you have a problematic internet usage, below are some ways on how to overcome this addiction and slowly revert back to healthier habits. This way, you can still take advantage of the internet’s numerous benefits without feeling heavily and poorly attached to it.
1. Do activities outside.
This is definitely the most efficient way of combating internet addiction, that is, to give less significance to your online life and reconnect with people offline by going out and doing exciting activities. This will not only give you the chance to interact and bond with your family and friends, but you also get to take your mind and hands off your smartphone and laptop while you spend quality time with them.
There are tons of activities you can do outside of the home and away from the addictive nature of your handheld device. For one, you can go camping by the lake with your family, or only have an afternoon picnic with friends. These activities come very inexpensively, as you won’t really need a lot but some waterproof tarps, snacks and heaps of fun and exciting games.