- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
France beats Croatia 4-2 to win 2018 World Cup
Paul Pogba’s goal raised France hope to winning World Cup Final against Croatia.
Pogba starts it all off with a lovely ball through for Mbappe, who dips inside before cutting the ball back for Griezmann. Griezmann then tees up Pogba, who sees his first effort blocked before curling his second attempt past a wrong-footed Subasic with his left boot.
“It is over!” The referee announces as France coasts home to victory, lifting the 2018 FIFA World Cup trophy with a 4-2 win over the hitherto unassailable Croatia.
As the match entered decisive stage, several pitch invaders interrupted the World Cup final.
Four people briefly interrupted the World Cup final on Sunday when they ran onto the pitch at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow.
They included at least one woman, while the men appeared to be wearing uniforms of security personnel.
Referee Nestor Pitana briefly halted the match between France and Croatia while stadium security staff chased down and then carried off the individuals.