- BREAKING: Appeal Court varies terms in bail granted Dasuki
- BREAKING: Gov Ayade presents 1.1trn budget estimate for 2020
- BREAKING: Court sacks emirs installed by Ganduje
- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
Adeyemi Alao, man who use girlfriend for money rituals remanded in Ondo prison
An Akure Chief Magistrate Court yesterday ordered the police to remand Adeyemi Alao, the boyfriend of Khadijat Oluboyo, daughter of the former Ondo deputy governor, Lasisi Oluboyo, in prison.
Khadijat Oluboyo, a 25 year-old final year student of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, was found dead at the home of her boyfriend on July 2 in Akure.
Alao was arrested two Sunday’s ago for allegedly murdering Khadija, his girlfriend of eight years and burying her remains in his room. It was alleged that he killed her for money ritual.
The prosecutor, Sgt. Mary Adebayo, told the court that the accused person and others at large conspired together to strangle Khadijat to death and buried her in his room.
She said that the offence was contrary to and punishable under Sections 324 and 316 of the Criminal Code Cap. 37, Vol. I, Laws of Ondo State of Nigeria, 2006.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Victoria Bob-Manuel, ordered the remand of the accused in prison custody pending the receipt of legal advice from the State Director of Public Prosecution.
The Chief Magistrate adjourned the case till Aug. 23 for receipt of the legal advice.