- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
For the perfect result, here are 7 makeup mistakes ladies should always avoid
We are in such an enlightened age, it will be such a crime if women still made some certain makeup mistakes.
As fabulous women, it is better if you follow makeup trends to avoid being made a laughing stock.
Interested? Why not read on!
Here are a few mistakes to avoid:
1. Makeup application in the wrong lighting
When you need to decide what works for you and what doesn’t with regard to makeup, you need to test it on your skin in natural lighting. When you try on makeup in unnatural lighting, you will notice that it doesn’t look as flattering as you hoped. Pick what suits you best in the best lighting possible.
2. Too much face powder
Applying powder on top of the foundation is a great way to get superior coverage. That said, applying powder liberally over the entire surface of your face will give your skin a bland appearance in addition to aging your overall look considerably. The powder tends to accumulate in fine lines and pores, giving the face a somewhat pale appearance.
3. Matching Your Makeup with your Clothes
Matching is old-school and in no way classic vintage. When your clothes are bright and so is your makeup, it only spells tacky. Makeup artists believe that if your clothes are vibrant, it is best you go for a neutral palette makeup-wise.
4. Wrong color eyebrows
Refining and filling out your eyebrows play an important role in structuring your look since eyebrows frame your eyes and put the finishing touch on your overall appearance. However, applying the right shade is crucial. Or else, you are inviting an artificial look that will not be very attractive.
5. Too much blush
Subtleness is the way to go and this always works. Instead of using too much blush, why not go for a gentle swirl of colour on the apples of your cheeks and watch your face transform.
6. Using the wrong lip colour
You sure can experiment ad there is no crime in that but ladies, some colours flatter a particular complexion more. It is widely believed that a cool red lipstick would look nice on the dark skin and pink suits a light skin more. Try it out!
7. Not moisturizing before foundation
This is why most makeup experts advise that we use primers before foundation which is supposed to serve as a base- a form of protection for the skin and to make your makeup look better and last longer. Do not make the mistake of applying foundation on dry, unmoisturized skin.