- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
Terminally Ill 7-Year-Old Boy Marries His Mum In A Fairy Tale Wedding To Fulfill His Last Wish (Photos and Video)
A sick boy’s last wish came true when he got to “marry” his mum in a lavish Disney-themed wedding. Seven-year-old Logan Mountcastle, who was diagnosed with an incurable genetic disorder in December, was all smiles as he tied the knot with mother Joelean in the pretend wedding.
Brave Logan was found to be suffering from Leukodystrophy, which affects the brain and nervous system, and told he has anywhere between three and 15 years left.
Dozens of friends and family turned up to Gainsborough Liberal Club in Lincolnshire to witness the Beauty and the Beast-style event.
Guests were reduced to tears as little Logan, dressed as dashing prince, went down the aisle with Joelean, who said she was “overwhelmed” by the lovely day.
Instead of reading traditional wedding vows, Joelean made a promise to Logan, telling him she would always keep him safe.
Methodist minister Louise Carr said: “Obviously it is not a wedding really, it’s a family blessing and with promises to look after each other. It was privilege to be involved.”
The family first noticed something might be wrong when Logan fell over last summer, started walking to one side and complained his “brain was hurting”.
Doctors said nothing was wrong, and that he was a normal little boy, but an MRI scan eventually found him to be suffering from incurable Metachromatic Leukodystrophy (MLD).