- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Fake University of Ibadan Professor arrested over N1million scam
A fake University of Ibadan Professor, Olayinka Emmanuel has been arrested by the Oyo State Police Command after he fraudulently collected N1million from a man.
He collected the money under the pretext of manufacturing animal multivitamins for him.
The 54-year-old, who claimed to be a Professor of Animal Husbandry was paraded by the The state Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Odude at the Police Headquarters in Ibadan.
He said the suspect, Olayinka Emmanuel, acted in connivance with an accomplice, Adegoke Adewumi, 53, to obtain the sum from Kolawole Kamorudeen.
“The duo lied to the victim that they were manufacturers of animal multivitamins. Believing them, the suspect parted with the sum only to later discover that the so-called multivitamins supplied to him were grinded green beans.
“The suspect told police during investigation that the label was printed somewhere in the Oluwole area of Lagos State.
“Four cartons of the green beans branded as multivitamin were recovered in the course of investigation.”
Accomplice of the fake professor, Adewumi, said he went into the business in order to make ends meet because he was jobless.
“We actually used animal supplement to produce the vitamin, but we added green beans to improve the quantity for more money. I am jobless and that is why I went into the business. The professor is my boss,” he said.