- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
Pandemonium as resident flee community over killing of Iceland cult leader in Rivers
Residents of Egbeda in Emouha Local Government Area of Rivers State have fled from their homes after a notorious cult leader was killed.
Mathias Igwe-Wordu, a dreaded leader of Iceland gang, is believed to have been shot dead by rival cult groups during a clash. Out of fear of reprisal attacks, those who live around the area where the killing took place, fled from their homes.
The chairman of Egbeda Community Development Committee, Ukwoha Omereji, confirmed the incident yesterday, saying security had been beefed up in the community. He urged those who fled to return home as adequate security is in place to keep them safe.