- Nigeria economy is in bad shape, Buhari tells governors
- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
APC in Lagos State has declared Babajide Sanwo-Olu as winner of the gubernatorial primary election held in the State.
The chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos state, Tunji Balogun made the declaration at the state headquarters of the party in Ogba, Ikeja, on Tuesday night.
Balogun said, ”We were preparing for the election on the 1st of October before the cancellation was announced. The same thing was done again today but we were in the queue for most part of the day and I have observed that the elections have been free fair and transparent.
“I commend and salute them for their doggedness and forthrightness. The results have started come in and we waited till we got the last result.
“It is my pleasure and delight to announce the result of the election conducted in all the wards of Lagos state. The results are as follows Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, 72,901 votes. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, 970,851 votes.”