- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
APC in Lagos State has declared Babajide Sanwo-Olu as winner of the gubernatorial primary election held in the State.
The chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos state, Tunji Balogun made the declaration at the state headquarters of the party in Ogba, Ikeja, on Tuesday night.
Balogun said, ”We were preparing for the election on the 1st of October before the cancellation was announced. The same thing was done again today but we were in the queue for most part of the day and I have observed that the elections have been free fair and transparent.
“I commend and salute them for their doggedness and forthrightness. The results have started come in and we waited till we got the last result.
“It is my pleasure and delight to announce the result of the election conducted in all the wards of Lagos state. The results are as follows Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, 72,901 votes. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, 970,851 votes.”