- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
APC in Lagos State has declared Babajide Sanwo-Olu as winner of the gubernatorial primary election held in the State.
The chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos state, Tunji Balogun made the declaration at the state headquarters of the party in Ogba, Ikeja, on Tuesday night.
Balogun said, ”We were preparing for the election on the 1st of October before the cancellation was announced. The same thing was done again today but we were in the queue for most part of the day and I have observed that the elections have been free fair and transparent.
“I commend and salute them for their doggedness and forthrightness. The results have started come in and we waited till we got the last result.
“It is my pleasure and delight to announce the result of the election conducted in all the wards of Lagos state. The results are as follows Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, 72,901 votes. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, 970,851 votes.”