- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
- Police accidentally shoot Election observer dead in Enugu
UFC 229 ends in chaos as Khabib Nurmagomedov defeats Conor McGregor, beats opponent’s team
Khabib Nurmagomedov defeated Conor McGregor in an epic UFC 229 bout making the Irishman tap out, he then jumped out of the octagon to attack Conor’s team.
The biggest fight in UFC history ended in astonishing circumstances and chaos as Khabib Nurmagomedov defeated the ‘Notorious’ Conor McGregor before leaping over the cage in T-Mobile Arena, sparking a mass brawl.
His target was McGregor’s team-mate Dillon Danis who also fought back in the ensuing fracas. As the brawl raged outside the ring, one of Khabib’s entourage also jumped the cage to punch McGregor in the back of the head.
Khabib was the better fighter, dominating Conor in basically every facet of the fight at UFC 229 that took place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
He ultimately choked Conor out in the 4th round and once Conor tapped, Khabib appeared to spit on Conor and then jumped outside of the cage and attacked Conor’s team.
The chaotic aftermath of the UFC fight shortly after Khabib defeated Conor McGregor
Both fighters were escorted from the stage without a belt presentation or interviews before Khabib was eventually declared by Bruce Buffer as the winner.
The Nevada State Athletic commission have withheld Khabib’s $2million pay-check after reviewing footage of the ugly scenes but decided to award McGregor’s $3million.
Recall that Conor and his band of thugs attacked Khabib’s bus at the Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn back in April after an incident between Khabib and Conor’s teammate Artem Lobov. Back then Conor famously threw a steel dolly at the bus while trying to provoke Khabib to step outside and fight.
Conor was arrested for the attack and Khabib said if Conor wanted to fight, “send me the location.”