- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
Truck fully loaded with codeine, Tramadol, weapons intercepted in Owerri
The Nigeria Customs Service, Federal Operations Unit, Zone ‘C’ Owerri, Imo State, says it has intercepted, arrested and seized a registration numberless truck bearing the inscription Gini Ka Chukwu and allegedly carrying illegal and dangerous items worth Duty Paid Value of N9,620,00.
The items included Italian-made magnum data pump action of eight rounds, 200 set of military camouflage, 4,375 pieces of live ammunition, 1,160 packets of codeine and over 300 pieces of Tramadol among others.
Briefing journalists at the FOU, Zone C headquarters Owerri on Tuesday, the Customs Area Controller, Comptroller Kayode Olusemire, stated that intelligence officers in the unit tracked the truck.
“There was no tip off, but the eagle-eyed operatives of the unit suspected the truck. It was in the course of the dogged search that these exhibits were discovered.”
Stating that the truck was seized along the 9th Mile, Enugu road, Olusemire said that three suspects were arrested, and that they would be arraigned at the Federal High Court, Owerri on Wednesday.
The Comptroller, who said the DPV of the seizure was N9,620,000, noted that the drugs did not have NAFDAC certified number.
Another interesting topic; Truck driver gets married to his fiancée with his truck in Plateau (Photo)