- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
A fuel tanker crushed a commercial motorcyclist, simply identified as Kayode, to death, at Oma Junction, Alagbaka area of Akure, Ondo State capital on Friday.
The incident happened when the fuel tanker which was heading towards Yeoma Plaza was stopped by the traffic warden on duty. The tanker driver lost control of the vehicle and rammed into the motorcyclist who was approaching the junction, killing him on the spot.
“The tanker was stopped by the traffic warden but the driver claimed he lost control of the vehicle and rammed to the bike man and crushed him. The tanker first dragged the cyclist forward and eventually crushed him before stopping. We tried to rescue him but it was too late because the vehicle was on him.”
The younger brother of the deceased escaped unhurt from the accident but lamented that Kayode got married a couple of weeks ag, while his wife is pregnant.
Angry Okada riders, however, besieged the scene of the accident and descended on the driver of the vehicle. He was quickly rescued by some security operatives who took him away.