- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
Lagos train accident: 1 victim confirmed dead, undisclosed number hospitalised
The Nigerian Railway Corporation has confirmed that one person died at an early hour train derailment on Thursday at Ashade railway crossing Agege, Lagos.
Mr Jerry Ochi, the Lagos Railway District Manager, told the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday that the victim died at the NRC hospital at Ebute Meta while receiving treatment.
“Efforts have been put in place to restore normalcy at the scene of the incident,” he said.
According to him, the NRC officials have been working to re-rail the train and repair the track.
The RDM said the operation would start immediately the tracks were fixed.
Meanwhile, residents complained about poor maintenance of rail tracks, claiming that the governments takes selling of train ticket as their only priority while neglecting maintenance. Watch video below.