- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
Lagos train accident: 1 victim confirmed dead, undisclosed number hospitalised
The Nigerian Railway Corporation has confirmed that one person died at an early hour train derailment on Thursday at Ashade railway crossing Agege, Lagos.
Mr Jerry Ochi, the Lagos Railway District Manager, told the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday that the victim died at the NRC hospital at Ebute Meta while receiving treatment.
“Efforts have been put in place to restore normalcy at the scene of the incident,” he said.
According to him, the NRC officials have been working to re-rail the train and repair the track.
The RDM said the operation would start immediately the tracks were fixed.
Meanwhile, residents complained about poor maintenance of rail tracks, claiming that the governments takes selling of train ticket as their only priority while neglecting maintenance. Watch video below.