- BREAKING: Court adjourns El-Zakzaky’s trial indefinitely
- INEC result TV Interpreter, Peter Oyekale stabbed, hospitalized (photos)
- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
Lagos train accident: 1 victim confirmed dead, undisclosed number hospitalised
The Nigerian Railway Corporation has confirmed that one person died at an early hour train derailment on Thursday at Ashade railway crossing Agege, Lagos.
Mr Jerry Ochi, the Lagos Railway District Manager, told the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday that the victim died at the NRC hospital at Ebute Meta while receiving treatment.
“Efforts have been put in place to restore normalcy at the scene of the incident,” he said.
According to him, the NRC officials have been working to re-rail the train and repair the track.
The RDM said the operation would start immediately the tracks were fixed.
Meanwhile, residents complained about poor maintenance of rail tracks, claiming that the governments takes selling of train ticket as their only priority while neglecting maintenance. Watch video below.