- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
Tyler Perry condemns the homophobic attack on Jussie Smollett
Tyler Perry has joined other celebrities in condemning the homophobic attack on Empire star Jussie Smollet.
Taking to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, Tyler wrote:
This may be a waste of time because I have learned that it’s often pointless to try and reach people who are hell bent on living in darkness, but here goes. To hate someone because of their race or sexuality is a shining reflection of who you are. To buy into the fear and the racist hatred that is being handed out daily by some of our politicians speaks to the ability of your very simple and small mind to be easily manipulated. To attack a defenseless person shows how much of a coward and how truly weak you really are. But as my grandmother always said when someone did something awful and evil, “I promise you, you will reap what you sow.”
My tears and prayers are with the gentle, beautiful soul that is Jussie Smollett. I’m standing with you my friend and anyone else who is bullied and battered and marginalized because of the BEAUTY OF WHO THEY ARE. I love you and your family. Get well soon.