- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
Atiku’s Kano rally: Three feared dead, 30 supporters collapsed
No fewer than three people have been feared dead and over 30 others fainted waiting for the campaign team of the Peoples Democratic People (PDP) presidential candidate AtikuAbubakar at Sani Abacha Stadium, Kano on Sunday.
According to THE NATION, reports have it that the alleged death of the three people was as a result of a bloody clash between rival groups of the PDP outside the stadium.
The Nation reports that unprecedented crowd gathered at the venue waiting for the arrival of Atiku and his team for several hours.
Those who fainted suffered suffocation inside the stadium, which was filled to the brim.
As at the time of filling this report by 4:30pm, Atiku and his team were yet to arrive the stadium.