- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
Father of late baby Benaiah reveals why his treatment was delayed
The father of late baby Benaiah, has released a statement revealing why the treatment of his son was delayed.
Benaiah died on Friday, the 15th of February, while his way to Dubai for a major heart surgery, this was after Nigerians rallied to raise N70m for the procedure.
The news of the death of baby Benaiah swept through social media, leaving many heartbroken, and his father has now released a statement to reveal why the treatment was delayed. Read the statement below;
It is with great sadness that We announce the passing of our son, Baby Benaiah “braveheart” Agoboye. Baby Benaiah died on our way to the Muritala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos for a flight to Dubai Scheduled for 12.55pm local time yesterday, the 15th of February, 2019. In our company at the time was the Doctor, whose duty was to manage Benaiah’s health on the trip. He battled extensively as we raced to Afriglobal Medicare, the nearest health facility on our way to the Airport, from where we proceeded to LASUTH; where unfortunately Baby Benaiah passed at about 10.30am. His body remains at LASUTH awaiting autopsy.
The family is deeply saddened by this event, as all arrangements had been concluded for Benaiah’s treatment at the Al Jalila Children’s Specialty Hospital(FZ LLC) in Dubai. We were scheduled to Fly with Emirates Airline, which was specially equipped with the facilities to manage Benaiah’s condition at a high altitude. We got into Lagos (when) in preparations to fly earlier but had to wait our turn since we were informed by the airline that there were other passengers with medical conditions earlier scheduled for the same arrangement.
We would like to thank everyone who has been of great support to the Monday Family through these challenging times. The team at UPTH for managing Baby Benaiah’s condition since he was 2months old, the staff and management of Afriglobal Medicare for availing us their facilities for free in time of the emergency. We also thank the team at LASUTH for their effort and support.
The family is also overwhelmed and humbled by the outpouring of love, support and prayers we have received from around the world. We give special appreciation to all of you who went out of your way to give your hard earned money and precious time to post and brought baby beniaiah’s story to the world. You are all deeply appreciated.