- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
Name and identity of gunman who shot several people on train in Holland revealed(Photos)
Police have identified the man believed to be responsible for the terror incident which saw three people killed in Utrecht, Holland, this morning.
Gokmen Tanis, 37, born in Turkey, is wanted following the incident in Utrecht, Holland, this morning. Counter-terrorism police are at the scene and officers have said they are considering the possibility of a “terrorist motive”.
Utrecht police said on Twitter: “The police are asking you to look out for 37-year-old Gokmen Tanis (born in Turkey) in connection with the incident this morning. Do not approach him.”
Utrecht police cordoned off a square at a tram station outside the city centre as emergency services were at the scene this morning. Initial reports claimed a man in a tram on the way to Utrecht CS pulled out a weapon and shot several people.
Tanis is believed to have fled in a red car, but he dumped the vehicle a short while later.
A manhunt is now underway.