- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
Name and identity of gunman who shot several people on train in Holland revealed(Photos)
Police have identified the man believed to be responsible for the terror incident which saw three people killed in Utrecht, Holland, this morning.
Gokmen Tanis, 37, born in Turkey, is wanted following the incident in Utrecht, Holland, this morning. Counter-terrorism police are at the scene and officers have said they are considering the possibility of a “terrorist motive”.
Utrecht police said on Twitter: “The police are asking you to look out for 37-year-old Gokmen Tanis (born in Turkey) in connection with the incident this morning. Do not approach him.”
Utrecht police cordoned off a square at a tram station outside the city centre as emergency services were at the scene this morning. Initial reports claimed a man in a tram on the way to Utrecht CS pulled out a weapon and shot several people.
Tanis is believed to have fled in a red car, but he dumped the vehicle a short while later.
A manhunt is now underway.