- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
Shock As Woman Jumps Into A Borehole With Her Two Children
Police are said to be investigating an incident where a woman threw herself and her two children into a borehole. One of the children died on arrival to the Hospital where they were taken for treatment after being rescued by local residents.
The incident happened in Rubi Village, Mosocho in Kisii County, Kenya, early Saturday morning, police said.
“Today in the morning hours, a woman by the name Faith Moturi Nokonge, 35, threw herself together with her two children aged, 1.5 and 4, into a 30-feet borehole within their compound,” said Kisii Police Commander Martin Kibet.
The woman and her eldest child have been transferred to Nyangena Hospital and the body of deceased taken to Hema mortuary. Police said they have not established what drove the woman to attempt suicide but her husband is assisting them in the investigation. One of the local residents who spoke to Nation claimed the woman has been having marital problems.
“She has all the property and by all indications they live well, but she has had no peace,” said a neighbour.