- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
Shock As Woman Jumps Into A Borehole With Her Two Children
Police are said to be investigating an incident where a woman threw herself and her two children into a borehole. One of the children died on arrival to the Hospital where they were taken for treatment after being rescued by local residents.
The incident happened in Rubi Village, Mosocho in Kisii County, Kenya, early Saturday morning, police said.
“Today in the morning hours, a woman by the name Faith Moturi Nokonge, 35, threw herself together with her two children aged, 1.5 and 4, into a 30-feet borehole within their compound,” said Kisii Police Commander Martin Kibet.
The woman and her eldest child have been transferred to Nyangena Hospital and the body of deceased taken to Hema mortuary. Police said they have not established what drove the woman to attempt suicide but her husband is assisting them in the investigation. One of the local residents who spoke to Nation claimed the woman has been having marital problems.
“She has all the property and by all indications they live well, but she has had no peace,” said a neighbour.