- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Lil Wayne pays off $14 million tax debt
Legendary rapper, Lil Wayne, has reportedly paid off a massive $14 Million Tax Debt, according to court records obtained by The Blast.
Lil Wayne recently coughed up $14 million to settle his tax debt. The IRS filed releases of two separate federal tax liens against Wayne.
In February 2011, Wayne paid off a $1.13 million tax lien and later on the year he was hit with another lien, this time for $5.6 million. By 2012, the rapper paid $7 million to the IRS to get them off of his back, but in 2016, it was reported that he owed them $900,000.
Back in 2017, the liens accused Wayne of failing to pay $7,341,399.07 in 2011 and $6,853,545.77 in 2012 for a grand total of $14,194,944.84.
It’s understood the rapper must have cleared off the massive debt from the settlement money he received from Birdman last year when the two settled their years-long legal battle over his record deal.
At that time, Wayne who accused his label of owing him tens of millions of dollars, including an $8 million advance for “Tha Carter V” received an eight-figure payout from Universal Music Group and officially cut ties with Birdman’s record label, Cash Money Recor