- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
Sevilla coach Joaquin Caparros reveals he has chronic Leukaemia but will continue managing LaLiga club
Sevilla coach, Joaquin Caparros has revealed he is battling with chronic Leukaemia but will continue managing the LaLiga club. The 63-year-old broke the sad news in his post-match press conference following Sevilla’s 2-0 win at Real Valladolid on Sunday.
Caparros said: “It doesn’t impede my work. I am going about my daily life – on a day to day level, for training. I want to enjoy my work and I want to thank the players and the chairman.
“I am not receiving any treatment – everyone can be assured that I am not receiving any treatment.
“For that reason I want to enjoy the opportunity the chairman and the board have given me.
“I’m more determined than ever. What I do want to say is that I won’t talk about the subject more. But I want to make sure everyone remains calm.”
It is the second season in a row that a Sevilla head coach has been diagnosed with cancer.
Eduardo Berizzo was diagnosed with prostate cancer in November 2017 and sacked a month later after returning from surgery. He is now the Paraguay manager.