- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
Sevilla coach Joaquin Caparros reveals he has chronic Leukaemia but will continue managing LaLiga club
Sevilla coach, Joaquin Caparros has revealed he is battling with chronic Leukaemia but will continue managing the LaLiga club. The 63-year-old broke the sad news in his post-match press conference following Sevilla’s 2-0 win at Real Valladolid on Sunday.
Caparros said: “It doesn’t impede my work. I am going about my daily life – on a day to day level, for training. I want to enjoy my work and I want to thank the players and the chairman.
“I am not receiving any treatment – everyone can be assured that I am not receiving any treatment.
“For that reason I want to enjoy the opportunity the chairman and the board have given me.
“I’m more determined than ever. What I do want to say is that I won’t talk about the subject more. But I want to make sure everyone remains calm.”
It is the second season in a row that a Sevilla head coach has been diagnosed with cancer.
Eduardo Berizzo was diagnosed with prostate cancer in November 2017 and sacked a month later after returning from surgery. He is now the Paraguay manager.