- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
See the top 20 most valuable players in the premier league
An English forward has been named as the most valuable premier league player according to CIES. Tottenham forward and England international Harry Kane is the most expensive premier league player at the moment according to International Centre for Sports Studies (CIES).
According to CIES, Kane is the most valuable player in the league, worth an eye-watering £171million. Second in the list is Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling at £161m with Liverpool ace Mohamed Salah ranked third at £160m. Surprisingly Romelu Lukaku is considered the most expensive player to buy from Manchester United, worth more than David De Gea and Paul Pogba.
Meanwhile, coveted forward Eden Hazard is regarded as Chelsea’s most prized possession at £105m. Kane interestingly left the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on crutches and in a protective boot following his side’s 1-0 win over Manchester City in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final clash. Son Heung-min’s strike in the 78th minute gave Spurs a slender lead ahead of next week’s quarter-final second leg at the Etihad Stadium.
However, striker Kane limped off with an injury to his left ankle following a 50/50 challenge with England team-mate Fabian Delph early in the second half.
Below are top 20 most valuable players in the premier league
Harry Kane (Tottenham) – £171 million
Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) – £161 million
Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – £160 million
Romelu Lukaku (Manchester United) – £137 million
Eden Hazard (Chelsea) – £105 million
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal) – £72 million
Richarlison (Everton) – £71 million
Declan Rice (West Ham United) – £60 million
Youri Tielemans (Leicester City – on loan from Monaco) – £52 million
Aleksandar MitroviÄ‡ (Fulham) – £43 million
Ruben Neves (Wolverhampton Wanderers) – £40 million
Nathan Ake (Bournemouth) – £35 millionWilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace) – £33 million
Nathan Redmond (Southampton) – £32 million
Gerard Deulofeu (Watford) – £32 million