- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
Miss Bolivia Universe is stripped of her title after revealing she has fallen pregnant
Miss Bolivia Universe has been stripped of her title for a ‘breach of contract’ after she revealed she was pregnant. The beauty queen, Joyce Prado, 22, who won Miss Bolivia Universe last year, was dethroned after it emerged she was two months pregnant.
After a month of speculated rumours, she confirmed that she and her partner Rodrigo Giménez, a Paraguayan model would be having a baby and getting married soon.
Joyce who became Miss Bolivia last year and won Miss Tourism Bolivia in 2015 told local media: ‘Yes, we are going to have a baby, we have the support of our families, we are both happy, I love Rodrigo and this news has brought us closer together.
‘We do not have a wedding date, but hopefully, it will be soon, we will take it easy we have the support of our families.’
Promotions Gloria, the modelling agency which has produced Miss Bolivia since 1985, is known for mixing beauty with politics. It said in a statement: ‘The reasons [for Prado being stripped of her title] are strictly related to the breach of contract, leaving on record that we maintain cordial relations in a field of mutual understanding, safeguarding the confidentiality clause.’
Unbothered by the news, Prado posted a photo of herself and her partner holding a top she had bought for her son.
She wrote: ‘The miracle of life is indescribable, especially when it comes to the arrival of a new member of the family.
‘Becoming a father or mother may be the most important challenge that comes our way in life, but just as it can be difficult, it can also be the most rewarding thing in the world.
‘I want to share with you that I am the happiest woman in the world because my life is full of love, because together with the man of my dreams we are beginning to live the most beautiful stage of our lives.
‘Since I knew that I will become a mother, I can not stop imagining how I will look with my baby in my arms, never imagine feeling such a great emotion just knowing that from within me there is a seed that grows every day and the only thing that I ask God to be born safe and sound that his [email protected] and I will take care of protecting him and training him all the love we have to give him.’