- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
Building collapse injures 8 persons in Ibadan
Eight persons were reportedly injured in a two-storey building collapse in Ibadan.
Eight persons sufefers various degree of injuries after the building located on Eleyele road in Jericho area of Ibadan collapsed at about 4.pm.
Speaking with NAN, one of the bricklayers at the site, Mr Kazeem Adebayo, said concrete casting on a portion of the building had started when it gave way.
Adebayo said that a portion of the building began to give way at about 3.30 pm and the attention of the site engineer was drawn to the development.
He alleged that the engineer ordered them to continue work only for the building to collapse shortly afterwards, injuring those working close to the collapsed portion.
An official of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Dada Abinmbola, told NAN that nobody died in the incident while the injured had been taken to Jericho Specialist Hospital for treatment.