- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
Building collapse injures 8 persons in Ibadan
Eight persons were reportedly injured in a two-storey building collapse in Ibadan.
Eight persons sufefers various degree of injuries after the building located on Eleyele road in Jericho area of Ibadan collapsed at about 4.pm.
Speaking with NAN, one of the bricklayers at the site, Mr Kazeem Adebayo, said concrete casting on a portion of the building had started when it gave way.
Adebayo said that a portion of the building began to give way at about 3.30 pm and the attention of the site engineer was drawn to the development.
He alleged that the engineer ordered them to continue work only for the building to collapse shortly afterwards, injuring those working close to the collapsed portion.
An official of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Dada Abinmbola, told NAN that nobody died in the incident while the injured had been taken to Jericho Specialist Hospital for treatment.